Development and Communications Intern
Mujeres Latinas en Acción is looking for a hard-working, detailed, organized, and passionate Development and Communications Intern who wants to make a difference. The candidate must be media-savvy, have strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral - and a communications background.
As the Development and Communications Intern, you will play an active role in the development and execution of our Purple Purse Challenge and Annual Report, gaining hands-on fundraising, communication, and outreach experience in a grassroots nonprofit setting. The position is unpaid, but college credit can be worked out.
· Project management support of 2017 Purple Purse Challenge, annual report, and other fundraising and advocacy events
· Event planning, fundraising, content development, and social media management for Purple Purse Campaign
· Create a short-term social media plan and marketing calendar for Purple Purse Campaign
· Work on social media, newsletter, and other communication/marketing projects
· Collect client stories from various programs
· Individual donor and volunteer outreach
· College student or graduate student
· Comfortable conducting outreach and communicating with a wide variety of individuals
· Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software and familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
· Interested in women’s issues and Latino issues and culture
· Bilingual written and spoken Spanish required
· 24 hours/week
· Ideally the internship runs September through March, but we are open to revision
Please submit a resume and cover letter including your availability to email@example.com.
Due date: 8/4/17