DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHILDREN'S THERAPIST
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts individual, group and family therapy with children exposed to domestic violence. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
1. Promote and engage children and their parents in therapy treatment under the Domestic Violence Program.
2. Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for children enrolled in therapy services under Domestic Violence Program.
3. Conduct 10 week therapy groups with Mujeres’ developed child therapy curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
4. Provide individual and family therapy to children enrolled in therapy under Domestic Violence Program.
5. Provide case management and crisis intervention with families dealing with domestic violence.
6. Conduct parent sessions to evaluate treatment effectiveness.
7. Implement pre/post test evaluations
8. Create linkages with external resources for children with additional needs.
9. Develop monthly reports on services provided to children.
10. Complete and maintains accurate documentation of services provided to children.
11. Participate in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on children.
12. Keep abreast of professional ethical standards
13. Participate in agency meeting as required.
14. Other tasks as assigned by program director
§ Master’s degree in Social Services field or equivalent
§ Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
§ 40 hour ICADV training required
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, directs and controls the financial services of the agency, and applies principles of accounting to maintain the accountability of the agency’s activities.
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
Send CV and cover letter to Claudia Perez at email@example.com
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for agency financial operations, exercising independent judgment in conformity with organization policies and goals.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for organization.
- Prepares monthly reports of budget activity regarding support and expenditures and unfunded balances and a statement of cash flow.
- Prepares annual budget and contract budgets.
- Prepares monthly reports on grants and contracts.
- Interacts directly with Finance Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Reports to CEO and Supervises Bookkeeper
- Oversees the payroll process including entry of the appropriate journal entries in the agency’s computer system.
- Analyzes the total operation of the agency to determine financial requirements and advises the CEO.
- Represents the agency on fiscal and accounting matters with outside parties, and interfaces with agency’s auditors.
- Prepares allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenues items as needed.
- Review open invoices reports, following up with payment or adjustments.
- Prepares budget revisions as needed and budget variance schedules per fund.
- Ensures contract compliance with regard to grants and contracts.
- Prepares reports for and participates in the monthly finance committee and Board meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by President/CEO.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Three to five years of experience. Not-for-profit background preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word and accounting systems. FUND-EZ preferred.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.