DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHILD THERAPIST
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts individual, group and family therapy with children exposed to domestic violence. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
1. Promote and engage children and their parents in therapy treatment under the Domestic Violence Program.
2. Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for children enrolled in therapy services under Domestic Violence Program.
3. Conduct 10 week therapy groups with Mujeres’ developed child therapy curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
4. Provide individual and family therapy to children enrolled in therapy under Domestic Violence Program.
5. Provide case management and crisis intervention with families dealing with domestic violence.
6. Conduct parent sessions to evaluate treatment effectiveness.
7. Implement pre/post test evaluations
8. Create linkages with external resources for children with additional needs.
9. Develop monthly reports on services provided to children.
10. Complete and maintains accurate documentation of services provided to children.
11. Participate in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on children.
12. Keep abreast of professional ethical standards
13. Participate in agency meeting as required.
14. Other tasks as assigned by program director
§ Master’s degree in Social Services field or equivalent
§ Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
§ 40 hour ICADV training required
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, organizes, and supervises staff providing a broad range of parent support services. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently.
1. Provides supervision to assigned staff.
2. Coordinates/ oversees Parent Support Program and Visitation/Exchange Project.
3. Complies with all funders requirements.
4. Completes contractual requirements related to programs supervised.
5. Interviews individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities and plans group composition.
6. Makes appropriate referrals to MLEA’s programs or outside agencies.
7. Leads support group for parents.
8. Provides ongoing individual/ family counseling to a limited number of parents involved in groups.
9. Assists parent counselor in determining the appropriate intervention for clients.
10. Maintains clients’ files.
11. Ensures appropriate documentation in all services.
12. Reviews and approves program documentation.
13. Networks with community agencies and service providers.
14. Participates in advocacy efforts related to program.
15. Other duties as required.
- Masters Degree in Social Work field or equivalent
- Experience supervising
- Required to have solid clinical skills
- Bilingual and Bicultural ( Spanish)
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.