Development and Communications Intern
Mujeres Latinas en Acción has an immediate opening for a hard-working, detail oriented and organized Development and Communications Intern who is passionate about making a difference. Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral - are required, as our intern will provide administrative support to the Development Team. As the Development and Communications Intern you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on fundraising, communications, and outreach experience in a grassroots non-profit setting. The position is unpaid, but college credit may be available.
· Event planning, fundraising, and coordinating for 2016 Voces Unidas Gala
· Work on social media, newsletter, and other communication projects
· Individual donor and volunteer outreach
· Provide administrative and project management support
· College student or graduate student
· Comfortable cold calling and soliciting donations for silent auction
· Interested in women’s issues and Latino issues and culture
· Bilingual written and spoken Spanish required
· Strong writing skills in both English and Spanish
· 24 hours/week
· November to April availability
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Adriana Viteri Assistant Director of Development and Public Affairs by October 31st, 2015. Applications by e-mail only : firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, directs and controls the financial services of the agency, and applies principles of accounting to maintain the accountability of the agency’s activities.
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
Send CV and cover letter to Claudia Perez at email@example.com
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for agency financial operations, exercising independent judgment in conformity with organization policies and goals.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for organization.
- Prepares monthly reports of budget activity regarding support and expenditures and unfunded balances and a statement of cash flow.
- Prepares annual budget and contract budgets.
- Prepares monthly reports on grants and contracts.
- Interacts directly with Finance Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Reports to CEO and Supervises Bookkeeper
- Oversees the payroll process including entry of the appropriate journal entries in the agency’s computer system.
- Analyzes the total operation of the agency to determine financial requirements and advises the CEO.
- Represents the agency on fiscal and accounting matters with outside parties, and interfaces with agency’s auditors.
- Prepares allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenues items as needed.
- Review open invoices reports, following up with payment or adjustments.
- Prepares budget revisions as needed and budget variance schedules per fund.
- Ensures contract compliance with regard to grants and contracts.
- Prepares reports for and participates in the monthly finance committee and Board meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by President/CEO.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Three to five years of experience. Not-for-profit background preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word and accounting systems. FUND-EZ preferred.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.