DIRECTOR OF PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, organizes, and supervises staff providing a broad range of parent support services. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently.
1. Provides supervision to assigned staff.
2. Coordinates/ oversees Parent Support Program and Visitation/Exchange Project.
3. Complies with all funders requirements.
4. Completes contractual requirements related to programs supervised.
5. Interviews individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities and plans group composition.
6. Makes appropriate referrals to MLEA’s programs or outside agencies.
7. Leads support group for parents.
8. Provides ongoing individual/ family counseling to a limited number of parents involved in groups.
9. Assists parent counselor in determining the appropriate intervention for clients.
10. Maintains clients’ files.
11. Ensures appropriate documentation in all services.
12. Reviews and approves program documentation.
13. Networks with community agencies and service providers.
14. Participates in advocacy efforts related to program.
15. Other duties as required.
- Masters Degree in Social Work field or equivalent
- Experience supervising
- Required to have solid clinical skills
- Bilingual and Bicultural ( Spanish)
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT & CEO
BASIC FUNCTION: PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT TO THE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES/PERSONNEL SERVICES AND BUILDING OPERATIONS SUPPORT.
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT & CEO
1. Provides administrative support to the President & CEO.
2. Supervises receptionists including interviewing, making hiring recommendations, scheduling, training, and annual performance reviews.
3. Provides assistance to the reception area as needed.
4. Supervises housekeeping personnel for 21st Place and 17th Street buildings.
5. Secures repairs and good function of all office and building equipment.
6. Interacts with Mujeres personnel, board members, committee members, and community regarding the President & CEO’s primary responsibilities.
7. Coordinates meetings conducted by the President & CEO by making appointments, setting schedules, reserving space, developing materials, recording minutes, etc.
8. Attends Board meetings and records minutes as required.
9. Processes and monitors the employee benefits programs, processes new employees and maintains employee files, provides orientation for new employees.
10. Prepares a variety of confidential reports, letters, and memoranda.
11. Maintain the administrative file system.
12. Consults with President & CEO with respect to problems and opportunities observed.
13. Maintains staff relationships and working conditions, contribute to the effectiveness of the President & CEO.
14. Handles inquiries, concerns, and complaints quickly and respectfully.
15. Requisitions supplies, maintenance, and other services appropriate or requested.
16. Keeps a schedule of all conference room use.
17. Assists with Mujeres events.
18. Other duties as assigned.
§ Previous experience in an office setting.
§ Ability to maintain professional composure in response to stressful situations or demanding individuals.
§ Ability to organize tasks and prioritize them to meet deadlines.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality in all situations related to the organization, staff or participants.
§ Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with staff, funders, board members, and other providers.
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
§ Excellent organizational skills
§ Great familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader,
§ Team player
§ Able to multi-task
-High School diploma required. Associates’ preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
FAMILY VISITATION SUPERVISOR
BASIC FUNCTION: Assesses schedules and supervises court ordered visits with children, custodial and non-custodial parents. The family visitation supervisor ensures that all regulations and safety procedures are followed during visits and conducts parenting classes.
REPORTS TO: Director of Parent Support Programs
1. Provides intakes, interviews and assessments, and ensures completion of satisfaction surveys.
2. Schedules court ordered visits with custodial and non-custodial parents.
3. Supervises visits between child and non-custodial parents, observing guidelines to ensure appropriateness and safety.
4. Lead 15 weeks parenting classes
5. Maintains client accurate of reports for all funding necessary.
6. Completes timely and accurate reports for all funding entities.
7. Submits monthly written narratives of program accomplishment, critical factors, trends and statistics.
8. Attends all agency meetings as schedules, and participates in agency events and committees.
9. Explores participation in existing coalitions, group working on advocacy efforts related to the program.
10. Provides Director with regular updates regarding volunteers and interns involved in the program.
11. Prepares documentation and assists director with site visits.
12. Other duties as assigned.
§ B.A. in social work, psychology or related field
§ Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English)
§ Computer proficiency and good writing skills preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to Francine@mujereslat.org.