SEXUAL ASSAULT COUNSELOR
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides crisis intervention, individual and group counseling to adult victims of sexual violence. Provide individual and institutional advocacy on behalf of sexual assault victims and their non-offending significant others. Position is located at agency’s satellite office in North Riverside.
REPORTS TO: Sexual Assault Program Director
· Provide crisis intervention, information and referrals, advocacy and linkages to victims of sexual assault and their significant others.
· Perform intakes, develop service plans and conduct periodical reviews of all counseling clients.
· Provide short-term counseling and maintain an on-going case load of sexual assault victims and their significant others.
· Recruit and prepare appropriate clients for group counseling.
· Facilitate sexual assault support groups.
· Maintain accurate client records for all services and contacts made with client or on behalf of client.
· Assist with completion of reports required by funding entities.
· Advocate at institutional level on behalf of Latinas through participation in advisory groups and other coalitions that focus on the issue of sexual assault.
· Participate in delivery of 40-hour sexual assault training.
· Participate in 40-hour sexual assault training, 20-hour counselor training and continuing education.
· Participate in agency meetings as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
· Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish / English)
· Strong organizational skills
To apply send your resume and cover letter to Maritza@mujereslat.org
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Empresarias Del Futuro Financial Advocate
Essential Duties: The EDF Advocate will facilitate groups, coordinate activities related to the program and provide individual financial coaching to former and current program participants
Reports to: Empresarias del Futuro Program Director: Claudia Alcántara
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct outreach activities and promote the EDF program
· Assess appropriateness of candidates to participate in EDF groups
· Facilitate educational groups based on leadership, financial and entrepreneurship curriculum
· Conduct individual financial coaching sessions with current and former EDF participants
· Gather and maintain records of individual and group contacts, registration, attendance, and evaluations
· Conduct and maintain records of follow-up calls or interviews to current and previous EDF participants to evaluate the program impact
· Coordinate logistics for EDF events and trainings
· Maintain the EDF Business Directory and social networks update
· Maintain accurate data information in a timely manner
· Generate program reports as needed
· Attend internal and external activities or meetings as needed
· Develop and maintain contacts to generate resources for the program
· Participate actively in advocacy efforts on behalf of program or agency
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
· BA Degree/Equivalent- Entry level position
· Knowledge and experience of financial or accounting required
· Proficiency with Microsoft programs
· Flexibility to work and co-locate in different sites and schedule
· Dynamic and effective interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both Spanish and English
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, directs and controls the financial services of the agency, and applies principles of accounting to maintain the accountability of the agency’s activities.
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
Send CV and cover letter to Claudia Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures for agency financial operations, exercising independent judgment in conformity with organization policies and goals.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for organization.
- Prepares monthly reports of budget activity regarding support and expenditures and unfunded balances and a statement of cash flow.
- Prepares annual budget and contract budgets.
- Prepares monthly reports on grants and contracts.
- Interacts directly with Finance Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Reports to CEO and Supervises Bookkeeper
- Oversees the payroll process including entry of the appropriate journal entries in the agency’s computer system.
- Analyzes the total operation of the agency to determine financial requirements and advises the CEO.
- Represents the agency on fiscal and accounting matters with outside parties, and interfaces with agency’s auditors.
- Prepares allocation tables for indirect expenses and revenues items as needed.
- Review open invoices reports, following up with payment or adjustments.
- Prepares budget revisions as needed and budget variance schedules per fund.
- Ensures contract compliance with regard to grants and contracts.
- Prepares reports for and participates in the monthly finance committee and Board meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by President/CEO.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Three to five years of experience. Not-for-profit background preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word and accounting systems. FUND-EZ preferred.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.