PROYECTO JUVENTUD YOUTH PROGRAM ADVOCATE
Develops and implements activities for youth 12 to 18 years old. Works closely with parents, schools and other organizations to enhance academic and social success while maintaining positive relationships. Reports to the Youth Program Director.
- Provides supervision for all Proyecto Juventud participant’s, staff, and volunteers.
- Designs and implements programming to meet Proyecto Juventud goals and outcomes.
- Conduct outreach, recruitment of girls to enroll in the group.
- Participate in the development, and evaluation of Proyecto Juventud.
- Assists participants in the development of individual goals and group projects.
- Develops and maintains communication with parents and works towards securing parental involvement.
- Monitors youth’s academic and social progress.
- Collaborates with school and community personnel and evaluators.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on a timely basis.
- Develops program materials as needed.
- Participates in agency activities, which may include staff meetings, trainings, group leaders and staffing.
- Maintains participant’s files by updating them accurately.
- Participates in external program program-related advocacy efforts as designated.
- Represents the agency in a professional manner.
- Abide by Mujeres Latinas en Accion mission and philosophy.
- Other duties assigned.
Bilingual/Bicultural; BA or equivalent. Computer knowledge. Two years experience in-group dynamics preferred. Knowledge of youth/community issues. Sensitive to Latina issues.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to the Youth Program Director Maritza Rocha at email@example.com
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.