DIRECTOR OF PARENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS
Plans, organizes, and supervises staff providing a broad range of parent support services. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently.
Send cover letter and C.V. to Neusa Gaytan at email@example.com
- Provides supervision to assigned staff.
- Coordinates/ oversees Parent Support Program and Visitation/Exchange Project.
- Complies with all funders requirements.
- Completes contractual requirements related to programs supervised.
- Interviews individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities and plans group composition.
- Makes appropriate referrals to MLEA’s programs or outside agencies.
- Leads support group for parents.
- Provides ongoing individual/ family counseling to a limited number of parents involved in groups.
- Assists parent counselor in determining the appropriate intervention for clients.
- Maintains clients’ files.
- Ensures appropriate documentation in all services.
- Reviews and approves program documentation.
- Networks with community agencies and service providers.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to program.
- Other duties as required.
- Masters Degree in Social Work field or equivalent
- Experience supervising
- Required to have solid clinical skills
- Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish)
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status, or source of income.