Accounts Payable Coordinator
BASIC FUNCTION: Providing bookkeeping and other back-office accounting functions
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
1. Records expenses to accounts invoices, expense reimbursements, identify prepaid expenses,
verifying GL coding, and payment approval.
2. Process Invoice payment via weekly check runs, ACH or online with prior approval of the aging
from the Director of Accounting
3. Responsible for recording all transactional expenses incurred with vendor credit, corporate credit card, employee reimbursements, IT, Insurances etc.
4. Reconcile and verify vendor balances and activity with AP Subledger
5. Build and maintain vendor relationships and correspondences for resolving discrepancies and
6. Process vouchers and expense reports for MLEA Quarterly basis. Provide grantors required support documentation and resolve any grantor discrepancies.
7. Bank Reconciliation (Fifth Third Accounts)
8. Manage Purchase Order request, verify budgets, shipping receipts with invoices for processing
9. Assist with Month End close in accurately and completely recording all overhead and program
expenses to the GL.
10. Manages Timesheet for completeness, accuracy, and cross reference with Allocations
11. Update Cost Allocation with any requested changes for review (i.e. FTE, Facilities etic)
12. Record payroll Journal Entry- Bimonthly
13. Back up to Grant Voucher tasks-Cross Trained
14. Assist with planning the annual fiscal audit and providing document support
15. Other necessary administrative duties aligned with responsibilities.
• This position requires a minimum of 4 years of accounting experience with an Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or 4 years of comparable experience.
• Basic accounting working knowledge of the General Ledger & subledgers
• Grant Experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Virtual meeting software, and FundEZ accounting systems.
• Excellent & Professional oral and written communication skills
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
• Ability to multi-task in an environment where priorities can change rapidly
• Prioritize projects, manage time to meet deadlines
• Professional oral and written communication skills
• Requires accurate, high volume data entry skills including 10-key numeric entry.
• Must be organized and discrete with highly sensitive information
• Ability to reason and analyze data to solve problems and correct discrepancies.
• Ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
• Maintain employee and financial data confidential
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Shatna Osorno, Parent Support Director, at email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.