Citizenship & Immigrant Resources Supervisor
BASIC FUNCTION: Oversees the citizenship and immigration project and engage in
advocacy efforts on behalf of the organization. Provides supervision of the Lead Promoter position in the recruitment of new citizens, conducts outreach activities and generates reports.
REPORTS TO: Community Engagement & Mobilization Director
- Attend membership meetings for the New Americans Initiative, South City Collaborative as well as represent Mujeres Latinas en Accion in advocacy activities.
- Develop and leverage relationship with venues to secure presentations to recruit potential candidates for US citizenship.
- Supervise the Lead Promoter in the recruitment of Lawful Permanent Residents to become US Citizens.
- Follow up with potential candidates to secure engagement in the citizenship workshops.
- Assist with screening of LPLs for eligibility to become citizens and logistics of citizenship workshops.
- Recruit and secure individuals to become volunteers in this project and assist with citizenship workshops.
- Provide training and oversee volunteers engaged with the New Americans Initiative.
- Participate in required meetings established by funding source and internal meetings as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation of outreach, recruitment, follow up and outcomes via funding source database.
- Generate accurate internal and external reports as needed.
- Connect people with immigration services as needed with local and allies’ coalition, including citizenship classes, English classes, and other USCIS application referrals.
- Build relationships and serve as a liaison in coalitions, taskforces, and committees that serve and assist the immigrant community.
- Assist, monitor, and co-facilitate monthly Café en Accion for the Community Engagement and Mobilization Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and competency acknowledge working with the target population.
- Experience and comfort in facilitating meetings and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work in a collaborative fashion.
- Energetic and motivated to work independently
- Computer knowledge required
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Assist with the national technical assistance for all culturally specific sexual assault grantees, including counseling, community health models, and response and prevention to
Provide oversight of the technical assistance for all culturally specific sexual assault grantees, including counseling, community health models, and response and prevention to sexual violence.