The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to oversee the creation of promotional materials to build, develop, and guide Mujeres’ brand. They will primarily work in an administrative role and support areas such as marketing, social media, program outreach, awareness & advocacy campaigns, and media relations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: Hybrid work from home/Pilsen office
- Design printed and online collateral materials for the promotions of awareness, advocacy, and programs across campaigns.
- Support the gathering of information and production necessary for advocacy, awareness, and outreach for programs.
- Assist with the tracking of the reach and analytics of awareness and advocacy campaigns to help with reporting requirements.
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Development team in the creation of fundraising materials aimed at stewardship to current donors.
- Develop regular external written updates, such as newsletters, social media posts, etc., as well as internal communications such a memorandums, forms, and policies.
- Provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Member magazine).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience using design programs and software such as Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Sketch, Lunacy, Mega Creator, Affinity Designer.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (or extensive experience in communications, marketing, or administration)
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills in English & Spanish required for the effective delivery of Mujeres’ vision, mission, and brand.
- One to two years of experience in nonprofit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, and other computer programs.
- $48,000-$50,000 annually
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
Financial Coach Advocate
The EDF Advocate will facilitate LII groups, coordinate activities related to the program. Provide individual business and financial coaching sessions to former and current program
Parent Support Counselor
Provides intake interviews to Parents to determine course of action. Provides individual and group counseling and parenting services as needed to parents enrolled in the
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to oversee the creation of promotional materials to build, develop, and guide
BASIC FUNCTION: Providing bookkeeping and other back-office accounting functions REPORTS TO: Controller RESPONSIBILITIES Manage the A/P function in processing vendor invoices, expense reimbursements, identify prepaid
Lead Community Health Worker
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts activities to improve the social determinants of health for Latino immigrants in the western suburban areas. REPORTS TO: Community Organizer RESPONSIBILITIES Conducts activities to