2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Provides crisis intervention, individual counseling, case management, and referrals to victims of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Program Therapy & Counseling Supervisor
- Provides crisis intervention to victims of domestic violence and their families through walkins and/or call-ins.
- Counsels new and on-going clients while assessing the cases and obtaining help for the victim through program services, information, linkages, and referrals.
- Provides short-term counseling to victims and follows up by coordinating services and providing advocacy with other providers.
- Provides collaborative case management to coordinate services needed by clients.
- Participates in efforts and events to promote awareness of DV, including DV awareness month, and promote VOCA services available at the agency.
- Provides back-up hotline coverage during agency after-hours.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to the DV program/agency.
- Completes service reports as required by contract with ICADV and other funders.
- Maintains client records, completes intake forms and records all contacts made with client or on behalf of client.
- Enters client services in Info Net/ ETO in a timely manner.
- Participates in staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills.
- Other tasks as assigned by the DV Counseling Supervisor and DV Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work field or equivalent
- Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English)
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Certified Domestic Violence Professional preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jimena Flores at email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.