2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Domestic Violence Child Counselor
START DATE: ASAP
Conducts individual, group and family counseling with children exposed to domestic violence. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
- Promotes and engages children and their parents in therapy treatment under the Domestic Violence Program.
- Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for children enrolled in counseling services under Domestic Violence Program.
- Conducts 10-week counseling groups with Mujeres’ developed child counseling curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
- Provides individual and family counseling to children enrolled in therapy under Domestic Violence Program.
- Provides case management and crisis intervention with families dealing with domestic violence.
- Conducts parent sessions to evaluate treatment effectiveness.
- Implements pre/post test evaluations
- Creates linkages with external resources for children with additional needs.
- Develops monthly reports on services provided to children.
- Completes and maintains accurate documentation of services provided to children.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on children.
- Keeps abreast of professional ethical standards
- Participates in agency meeting as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by program director
- Bachelor Degree in Human Services field or equivalent required
- Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
- 40 hour ICADV training required
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Jimena Flores at email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.