Domestic Violence Child Therapist
Conducts individual, group and family therapy with children exposed to domestic violence. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Senior Domestic Violence Program Director
LOCATION: Pilsen Headquarters
- Promotes and engages children and their guardians in trauma-informed, bilingual/bicultural therapy services under the Domestic Violence Program.
- Provides short-term individual and family therapy of at least 10-12 sessions to child survivors on caseload and their guardians.
- Conducts 10-week counseling groups with Mujeres’-developed child therapy curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
- Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for children enrolled in therapy services.
- Provides case management, crisis intervention, community referrals and advocacy to child survivors and their guardians.
- Completes and maintains accurate documentation of client services
- Submit reports as needed.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to DV through collaboration with community partners, and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on children.
- Conducts outreach and awareness of domestic violence children’s services.
- Participate in staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills.
- Upholds professional ethical standards
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior DV Program Director.
- Master’s degree required in social services or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
- Active IL licensure (LCSW or LCPC) preferred
- Prior experience with gender-based violence preferred
- 40-Hour ICADV domestic violence training preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Pre-Clinical Licensed Therapist salary range (ex: LSW, LPC): $52,000-$57,000 annually
- Clinical Licensed Therapist salary range (ex: LCSW, LCPC): $63,000 – $70,000 annually
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Manages all DV client file documentation and client databases to ensure files are complete and up-to-date at all times. REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence