Domestic Violence Child Therapist
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts individual, group and family therapy with children exposed to domestic violence. Provide case management and crisis intervention.
REPORTS TO: Senior Domestic Violence Program Director
1. Promotes and engages children and their guardians in trauma-informed, bilingual/bicultural therapy services under the Domestic Violence Program.
2. Provides short-term individual and family therapy of at least 10-12 sessions to child survivors on caseload and their guardians.
3. Conducts 10-week counseling groups with Mujeres’-developed child therapy curriculum for children exposed to domestic violence.
4. Conducts assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for children enrolled in therapy services.
5. Provides case management, crisis intervention, community referrals and advocacy to child survivors and their guardians.
6. Completes and maintains accurate documentation of client services
7. Submit reports as needed.
8. Participates in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on children.
9. Conducts outreach and awareness of domestic violence children’s services.
10. Participate in staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills
11. Upholds professional ethical standards
12. Other tasks as assigned by Senior DV Program Director.
• Master’s degree required in social services or related field
• Active IL licensure (LCSW or LCPC) preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
• Illinois Certified Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training preferred
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Pernini, Senior DV Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides court advocacy and crisis intervention services to survivors of domestic violence at Civil and Criminal Domestic Violence Court. REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence