Domestic Violence Counselor
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, case management, and community referrals to adult survivors of domestic violence. Promotes awareness of domestic violence in the northwest suburbs. Position located at Mujeres’ North Riverside office.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence North Riverside Supervisor
1. Engage adult survivors of domestic violence in trauma-informed, bilingual/bicultural services under Mujeres’ Domestic Violence Program.
2. Provide short-term individual counseling of at least 10-12 sessions to adult survivors on caseload
3. Provide group counseling services to adult survivors
4. Conduct assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for survivors enrolled in services
5. Provide case management, crisis intervention, community referrals, and advocacy to survivors
6. Complete and maintain accurate documentation of client services
7. Submit reports as needed
8. Advocate on behalf of Latinas and survivors through participation in advisory groups and other coalitions that focus on the issue of domestic violence
9. Conducts outreach and awareness of Domestic Violence services at the North Riverside location.
10. Supports efforts to promote awareness of domestic violence, including participation in Domestic Violence Awareness Month and other community events
11. Participate in staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills
12. Uphold professional ethical standards
13. Other tasks as assigned by the DV North Riverside Supervisor or DV Program Senior Director
• Master’s degree required in social services or related field
• Active IL licensure (LCSW or LCPC) preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
• Supervision experience required
• Prior experience with gender-based violence preferred
• Effective interpersonal skills
• 40-Hour ICADV domestic violence training preferred
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Pernini, Senior Domestic Violence Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides court advocacy and crisis intervention services to survivors of domestic violence at Civil and Criminal Domestic Violence Court. REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence