©2020 All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Domestic Violence Senior Director
Supervises DV Program Director, Child Therapist positions and North Riverside Domestic Violence Supervisor. Engages in efforts that increase visibility of culturally responsive approaches related to gender violence. Provides clinical supervision to all counselors, Child Therapists and Master level interns. Provides direct services to children affected by domestic violence and adult survivors. Makes decisions independently.
REPORTS TO: Senior VP of Programs
- Provides administrative, supervision to DV Program Director, Child Therapist and North Riverside Supervisor, such as performance evaluation, documentation reviews, monitor work plans and professional development.
- Supervises Master Level Interns providing direct services.
- Increase visibility of culturally responsive approaches on gender violence, including best practices and training.
- Performs data analysis and generates reports for Domestic Violence Program.
- In collaboration with DV Program Director, Training Coordinator generates training for ICDVP’s and professionals from other sectors.
- Participates in professional, community, public and civic groups affecting domestic violence victims. Serves a visible function in advocating for issues related to the program constituency.
- Facilitates child therapy groups for children affected by domestic violence and adult groups as needed.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to DV and in the creation of events to promote the impact of DV on families.
- Carry over a case load of individual therapy for adult survivors and children affected by domestic violence.
- Keeps abreast of relevant and current information and practices related to gender violence.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of forms, case recording and reports for various funders as well as information required for reports.
- Works in collaboration with DV Program Director and Senior VP of Programs to identify critical factors impacting DV services and ensure implementation of resolution.
- Attends internal/external meetings as needed.
- Assist the development team with reports and proposals.
- Works collaboratively with DV providers and other professionals in other fields to advance best practices and overall domestic violence work.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior VP of Programs and/or Executive Director
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Competency and knowledge working with the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- License in Social Work required.
- Prior supervisory experience and program evaluation are required.
- Certified Domestic Violence Professional preferred.
- Position may require some work on evenings and Saturdays
- Effective interpersonal skills and written communication.
- Ability to utilize supervision, consultation, and training for own professional growth and improvement of performance.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Neusa Gaytan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.