Domestic Violence Therapist
BASIC FUNCTION: Serves as liaison between Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) and Mujeres for coordination of services. Supervises Mujeres’ Domestic Violence Counselor. Provides crisis intervention, individual counseling and therapy, group counseling, case management, and community referrals to adult survivors of domestic violence identified and referred by staff at CAC. Position located onsite at CAC.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Senior Director
1. Engage adult survivors of domestic violence in trauma-informed, bilingual/bicultural services under Mujeres’ Domestic Violence Program through referrals from CAC staff
2. Provide short-term individual counseling of at least 10-12 sessions as well as long-term individual therapy for up to two years to adult survivors on caseload
3. Provide group counseling services to adult survivors
4. Conduct assessments, safety plans, and treatment plans for survivors enrolled in services
5. Provide case management, crisis intervention, community referrals, and advocacy to survivors
6. Serve as primary liaison between CAC and Mujeres to coordinate provision of DV services at CAC
7. Provide administrative and clinical supervision to MLEA Domestic Violence Counselor, also located at CAC
8. Complete and maintain accurate documentation of client services
9. Submit reports as needed
10. Support efforts to promote awareness of domestic violence, including participation in Domestic Violence Awareness Month and other community events
11. Advocate on behalf of Latinas and survivors through participation in advisory groups and other coalitions that focus on the issue of domestic violence
12. Participate in MLEA staff training sessions, in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills
13. Uphold professional ethical standards
14. Other tasks as assigned by the Senior DV Director
• Master’s degree required in social services or related field
• Active IL licensure (LCSW or LCPC) preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
• Supervision experience required
• Prior experience with gender-based violence preferred
• Effective interpersonal skills
• 40-Hour ICADV domestic violence training preferred
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Pernini, Senior Domestic Violence Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note, this position is funded through a 3-year grant; employment beyond this timeframe is contingent upon grant renewal.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.