Domestic Violence Training Coordinator
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for overview of the 42 hour Domestic Violence training and professional training for ICDPV’s and other professionals from various disciplines. Provides direct supervision to Community Educator.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
- Provides professional trainings to diverse fields (i.e. medical, education, law enforcement, legal, etc.) related to domestic violence and gender violence.
- Leads efforts to promote awareness of DV, including DV awareness month.
- Conducts 42-hour DV trainings ensuring coverage of all required topics by the Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professionals.
- Creates and implements a calendar of trainings providing CEU’s to maintain ICADVP
- Promotes and recruits for training/ workshops to outside providers
- Participates in agency meetings as required.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to the DV program/agency.
- Provides crisis intervention to in-person and telephone clients at agency.
- Completes documentation of services provided in a timely manner.
- Assists with recruitment for volunteers/interns through community events.
- Assists with interviews/screening of potential volunteers/interns to ensure best match.
- Generates reports for DV Program Director.
- Keeps abreast of current and relevant information related to domestic violence and overall gender violence.
- Other tasks as assigned by Domestic Violence Program Director
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Social Services field or equivalent
▪ Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
▪ 40 hour ICADV training preferred
▪ Supervisory experience preferred
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org