2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Domestic Violence Training Coordinator
Oversight of the 42 hour Domestic Violence certification training and professional training for ICDPV’s and other professionals from various disciplines. Collaborate with the Volunteer Supervisor in recruitment, training, and scheduling of volunteers and interns. Coordinate and
participant in outreach efforts and assist with intakes and crisis line.
VP of Evaluation & Domestic Violence Program
- Provides professional trainings to diverse fields (i.e. medical, education, law enforcement, legal, etc.) related to domestic violence and gender violence.
- Leads efforts to promote awareness of DV, including DV awareness month.
- Conducts 42-hour DV trainings ensuring coverage of all required topics by the Illinois Certified Domestic Violence Professionals.
- Creates and implements a calendar of trainings providing CEU’s to maintain ICADVP
- Promotes and recruits for training/ workshops to outside providers
- Participates in agency meetings as required.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to the DV program/agency.
- Provides crisis intervention to in-person and telephone clients at agency.
- Completes documentation of services provided in a timely manner.
- Maintains supervision documentation.
- Assists with recruitment for volunteers/interns through community events.
- Assists with interviews/screening of potential volunteers/interns to
- Generates reports for DV Program Director and VP of Evaluation and Domestic Violence Program.
- Works in collaboration with VP of Evaluation and Domestic Violence Program on relevant research to strengthen programs’ evaluation.
- Works in collaboration w/ VP of Evaluation and Domestic Violence Program to conduct focus groups that inform the Domestic Violence Program practices and services.
- Keeps abreast of current and relevant information related to domestic violence and overall gender violence.
- Other tasks as assigned by VP of Evaluation and Domestic Violence Program
- Bachelor degree in Social Services field
- Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
- 40 hour ICADV training preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
START DATE: April, 2019 BASIC FUNCTION:Assesses schedules and supervises court ordered visits with children, custodial and non-custodial parents. The family visitation supervisor ensures that all regulations