Domestic Violence Intern and Volunteer Supervisor
Supervises and oversees DV program volunteers and interns. Interviews potential participants for 42-Hour Domestic Violence Training. Assists client calls from IL DV Helpline after office hours. Facilitates domestic violence support groups and provides crisis intervention and case management services to survivors.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
LOCATION: Hybrid: Work from home/Pilsen Office
- Trains, oversees, and supervises interns and volunteers within the DV program
- Conducts interviews of potential agency volunteers, interns, and participants of 42-Hour DV Training
- Develops, initiates, and maintains recruitment and retention strategies for DV interns and volunteers through community outreach and volunteer recognition events
- Establishes and maintains relationships with universities to secure internship opportunities within MLEA and DV Program
- Maintains consistent communication with universities to address and support interns’ performance
- Conducts periodic review of all interns including performance evaluations
- Maintains consistent communication with volunteers and interns and facilitates monthly meetings to coordinate services in the DV Program.
- Provides crisis intervention services to survivors, both in person and virtually
- Provides case management and community referrals, and coordinates transportation and emergency assistance to survivors enrolled in services
- Facilitates domestic violence support groups
- Participates in the efforts of creating events to promote awareness of domestic violence, including DV awareness month
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to the DV program/agency
- Assists calls from IL DV Helpline to ensure client support after office hours
- Ensures accurate documentation of services provided by volunteers and interns in a timely manner
- Completes and maintains accurate documentation of crisis intervention, case management, and support group services
- Maintains accurate documentation of 42-Hour Training participants
- Submits reports as needed
- Participates in internal and external meetings, as required
- Other tasks as assigned by DV Program Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or equivalent experience
- Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
- Effective interpersonal skills and written communication
- Illinois Certified Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Jimena Flores at email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
Provide oversight of the technical assistance for all culturally specific sexual assault grantees, including counseling, community health models, and response and prevention to sexual violence.