2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Domestic Violence Volunteer Supervisor
START DATE: ASAP
Administers agency volunteers, overviews 40 hour Domestic Violence (DV) training and supervises 24 Hour domestic violence Hotline. Facilitate domestic violence support groups and provides crisis intervention services at agency.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Director
- Develops, initiates and maintains recruitment and retention strategies for volunteers/interns through community outreach and volunteer recognition events.
- Conducts interviews of potential agency volunteers/interns.
- Seeks other projects or opportunities for volunteers at agency other than crisis line.
- Develops monthly hotline schedules ensuring coverage at anytime agency is closed (i.e. evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Supervises hotline volunteers are providing appropriate service and completing/returning documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains communication with volunteers via mail, e-mail, monthly meetings and telephone ensuring a connection between agency and volunteers.
- Maintains accurate documentation from answering service of incoming Hotline calls, 40-Hour documentation and monthly reports.
- Provides back-up hotline coverage during agency after-hours.
- Participates in the efforts of creating events to promote awareness of DV, including DV awareness month.
- Participates in advocacy efforts related to the DV program/agency.
- Facilitates domestic violence support groups.
- Provides crisis intervention to in-person and telephone clients at agency.
- Completes documentation of services provided in a timely manner.
- Supervises the community educator and maintains supervision documentation.
- Participate in agency meeting as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by program director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services field or equivalent
- Bilingual and Bicultural (Spanish/English) Required
- 40 hour ICADV training preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Jimena Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.