2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Domestic Violence Civil/Criminal Court Advocate
Provides court advocacy and crisis intervention to victims of domestic violence at civil and Criminal Domestic Violence Court. Comply with provision of services pertaining to the domestic violence program.
Domestic Violence Program Court Advocate Supervisor
- Conducts recruitment at court by distributing information and brochures to victims at
domestic violence, targeting those who are without any advocate or outside support.
- Opens new cases at domestic violence court on behalf of Spanish speaking victims of
domestic violence and provides court advocacy for these cases.
- Provides IDVA education to Spanish speaking domestic violence victims during individual
and group sessions.
- Provides legal advocacy for Spanish speaking victims of domestic violence in obtaining
Emergency Orders of Protection.
- Provides follow up services and court accompaniment to hearing s scheduled for Plenary
Orders of Protection to Spanish speaking victims of domestic violence.
- Provides transportation to victims of domestic violence as needed.
- Assess each victim’s case and works with the cook county State Attorney’s to ensure victims
receive the full range of benefits from the Order of Protection.
- Assists and advocates for victims in securing proper assistance, assists in understanding legal
proceedings, assists in securing legal reports/documents and provides the necessary
information, referrals and linkages within or outside Mujeres (i.e. information on divorce,
child support, child custody, etc.)
- Provides information on Crime Victims Compensation and assists with petition.
- Provides crisis intervention to in-person and telephone clients at agency.
- Submits monthly reports, statistical and all required documentation in a timely matter while
maintaining client’s records according to service standards.
- Participates in all required internal agency meetings.
- Stays aware of changes in the law and implementation policy via training, reading,
researching, and contact with other providers.
- Other VOCA allowable duties as assigned by DV Coordinator (i.e. Media presentations,
domestic violence informational panels, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services/Legal Field
- Bilingual, Bicultural (Spanish/English)
- Illinois Certified Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training
- Effective interpersonal skills and written communication
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
START DATE: April, 2019 BASIC FUNCTION:Assesses schedules and supervises court ordered visits with children, custodial and non-custodial parents. The family visitation supervisor ensures that all regulations