Financial Coach Advocate
The EDF Advocate will facilitate LII groups, coordinate activities related to the program. Provide individual business and financial coaching sessions to former and current program participants utilizing multi- layered and participant-centered approaches.
REPORTS TO: Empresarias del Futuro Director
- Recruit and assess candidates for EDF program.
- Facilitate educational groups, following our culturally appropriate entrepreneurship and financial literacy curriculum.
- Provide one-on-one business and financial coaching sessions to current and former participants focused on participants assessment, budgeting, and financial goals.
- Encouraging participants through follow up sessions to develop financial plans, goals and link them with resources that may help them in achieving their goals.
- Assist with the program coordination, program’s special events logistics, social media platform, and our crowdfunding initiative for current and former EDF participants.
- Conduct internal and external outreach activities to promote the program.
- Cultivate develop, and relationships with staff, and expand network with financial institutions, non-profit agencies, business owners to promote and generate resources for the program.
- Collect participants data e information in the ETO & Salesforce database.
- Generate timely program reports as needed.
- Attend internal and external activities or meetings as needed.
- Participate actively in advocacy efforts on behalf of a program or organization.
- Manage projects as assigned by the program director.
- Experience in community work and knowledge of financial or small business management needed
- Able to speak and write both Spanish and English
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and project-management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience or knowledge of virtual work
- Flexibility in work schedule and co-location, position requires some evenings and weekends
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel to multiple sites, including Chicago and Western suburbs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- $42,000-$46,000 annually
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
Financial Coach Advocate
The EDF Advocate will facilitate LII groups, coordinate activities related to the program. Provide individual business and financial coaching sessions to former and current program
Parent Support Counselor
Provides intake interviews to Parents to determine course of action. Provides individual and group counseling and parenting services as needed to parents enrolled in the
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to oversee the creation of promotional materials to build, develop, and guide
BASIC FUNCTION: Providing bookkeeping and other back-office accounting functions REPORTS TO: Controller RESPONSIBILITIES Manage the A/P function in processing vendor invoices, expense reimbursements, identify prepaid
Lead Community Health Worker
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts activities to improve the social determinants of health for Latino immigrants in the western suburban areas. REPORTS TO: Community Organizer RESPONSIBILITIES Conducts activities to