Latina Leadership Advocate
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates, monitors daily activities for the Leadership training and participants. Facilitates leadership groups including Leadership Development for survivors. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently and reports to the Program Director.
REPORTS TO: Director of Parent Support Programs
- 1. Plans and coordinates scheduling of groups and activities with the Latina Leadership Fellow
- 2. Conducts internal and external outreach to promote the two Latina Leadership trainings.
- 3. Performs individual assessments of potential participants and assures participant’s readiness to complete the training.
- 4. Engage in the creation of a new curriculum that better address survivor’s needs.
- 5. Facilitates Curriculum base Latina Leadership groups for survivors and for other participants for the communities.
- 6. Participates in professional, community, public and civic groups affecting the Latina Leadership program.
- 7. Serves a visible function in advocating for issues related to the program and the organization.
- 8. Participates in internal and external meetings as needed.
- 9. Generates program reports as needed.
- 10. Ensures that all goals are met in alignment with funding requirements and internal projections.
- 11. Evaluates program effectiveness by implementing evaluation tools.
- 12. Ensure accuracy of reports and timely documentation.
- 13. Makes appropriate referrals to MLEA’s programs or outside agencies.
- 14. Supports the transition of participants to engage in advocacy efforts with Community Engagement and Mobilization Program.
- 15. Other duties as assigned.
- A minimal B.A. in Social Work, Psychology or in the human service field.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Competency and knowledgeable working with the service population’s cultural and social economic characteristics
- Computer proficiency
- Experience leading groups desirable
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable of Latine/x’s issues
- 42 hours DV training or willing to be trained preferred
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Manages all DV client file documentation and client databases to ensure files are complete and up-to-date at all times. REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence