2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Latina Leadership Program Advocate
START DATE: ASAP
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates, and facilitates leadership groups. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently and reports to the Parent Support Program Director
REPORTS TO: Parent Support Program Director
- Conducts outreach to promote the Latina Leadership Program
- Performs individual assessments of potential participants
- Facilitates Curriculum-base Latina Leadership groups
- Participates in professional, community, public and civic groups affecting the Latina Leadership program. Serves a visible function in advocating for issues related to the program.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as needed.
- Provides feedback on the curriculum, evaluation tools, and program development.
- Generates internal and external program reports as needed.
- Ensures that all goals are met in alignment with funding requirements.
- Evaluates program effectiveness by implementing evaluation tools.
- Assists the Development Department with reports and proposals.
- Ensures accuracy and timely documentation.
- Makes the transition of participants to engage in advocacy efforts with Community Engagement and Mobilization Program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English),
- Competency and knowledgeable working with the service population’s cultural and social economic characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree in the human service field required
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Knowledgeable of Latina issues.
- Ability to provide services at multiple locations.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.