Lead Community Health Worker(PT)
BASIC FUNCTION: Conducts activities to improve the social determinants of health for Latino immigrants in the western suburban areas.
REPORTS TO: Community Organizer
1. Conducts activities to increase awareness and utilization of health resources including Care Link Program, COVID19 Vaccine & Testing, and other resources as needed.
2. Provides reliable references and educational health materials.
3. Conducts outreach and education to the community in the western suburban areas.
4. Recruits and secures individuals to become volunteers in this project and assist with health workshops.
5. Secures trainings for volunteers who will be engaged with the project.
6. Maintains appropriate records and required statistics of services provided.
7. Assists in the preparation of required reports.
8. Provides presentations on topics related to health and social determinants of health.
9. Attends CHW Coalition and community meetings.
10. Keeps informed of issues affecting the community and communicate them to the Community Organizer.
11. Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and experience working with the Latino community in the western suburbs.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Language: Fluent in English and Spanish and knowledge of working with the target population.
• Public speaking and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of local public health programs and services.
• Experience volunteering with Mujeres and/or graduate of Mujeres’ Latina Leadership preferred.
$22.52 per hour/ 25 hours per week
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.