Latina Leadership Advocate/Parent Support Counselor
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates, monitors daily activities of leadership and Parent Support participants and facilitates leadership and parenting groups. Ensures compliance with contract and funding requirements. Makes decisions independently and reports to the Program Director.
REPORTS TO: Parent Support Director
1. Provides intakes, interviews and assessments for Latina Leadership as well as Parenting participants.
2. Facilitates leadership as well as parenting classes.
3. Provides individual counseling in parenting.
4. Submits monthly written narratives of program accomplishment, critical factors, trends and statistics.
5. Explores participation in existing coalitions, group working on advocacy efforts related to the program, as well as outreach efforts.
6. Consults with Program Director on staff concerns and critical factors impacting the Latina Leadership training and Parent Support program.
7. Maintain clients’ attendance records in files and narratives for services.
8. Updates Agency and DCFS data base with participants’ efforts enrolled in the program.
9. Communicate with caseworkers to discuss service plans, especially in court cases.
10. Write letters and reports on clients’ progress.
11. Make appropriate referrals as needed.
12. Develops, evaluates and amends leadership curriculum and classes.
13. Ensures that all goals are met in alignment with funding requirements.
14. Assist the Development Department with reports and proposals.
15. Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Competency and knowledgeable working with the service population’s cultural and social economic characteristics.
• Computer proficiency.
• Experience leading groups desirable
• Effective interpersonal communication
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Shatna Osorno, Parent Support Director, at email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates, monitors daily activities of leadership and Parent Support participants and facilitates leadership and parenting groups. Ensures compliance with contract and funding
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides court advocacy and crisis intervention services to survivors of domestic violence at Civil and Criminal Domestic Violence Court. REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence