Provides intake interviews to Parents to determine course of action. Provides individual and group counseling and parenting services as needed to parents enrolled in the program and reports to Program Director.
REPORTS TO: Parent Support Program Director
- Recruit parents for participation in groups through outreach to schools, community organizations and referrals from court.
- Provide intake interviews and therapeutic interventions.
- Provide individual counseling to parents enrolled in the program.
- Implement appropriate Psycho-educational curriculum to Parent Support Groups.
- Facilitate parenting groups.
- Establishes, maintains appropriate professional files which provide all necessary documentation regarding participants enrolled in the program.
- Maintain clients’ attendance records in files and narratives for services.
- Updates Agency and DCFS database with participants’ efforts and narratives enrolled in the program.
- Communicates with caseworkers to discuss service plan for DCFS cases.
- Write letters and reports on clients’ progress.
- Provides program director with data, information, and updates of services and participants’ progress during supervision.
- Makes appropriate referrals to MLEA’s programs or outside agencies as needed.
- Evaluates program effectiveness by implementing evaluation and survey tools.
- Completes monthly written reports for the program and to funders as required.
- Participates in advocacy efforts on behalf of Program or agency.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimal B.A. in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Competency and knowledgeable working with the service population’s cultural and social economic characteristics
- Computer proficiency
- Experience leading groups and working with parents, desirable
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- $44,000-$48,000 annually
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.