Sexual Assault Volunteer Supervisor
BASIC FUNCTION: Develops strategies of recruitment and retention for Sexual Assault Program. Conducts 42 hour Sexual Assault training, supervises SA volunteers and ensures medical advocacy response.
REPORTS TO: Director of Sexual Assault Program
- Coordinate, facilitate, and plan the logistics of the 42-hour Sexual Assault training,
ensuring coverage of all required topics by the Illinois Coalition Against Sexual
Assault – ICASA.
- Initiate and maintain recruitment and retention strategies for SA volunteers through
community outreach and volunteer recognition events.
- Conduct interviews of potential program volunteers/interns.
- Develop monthly medical advocacy schedules ensuring coverage at all times.
- Assist with compliance of reports required by funding entities.
- Maintain a relationship with all hospitals with which Mujeres provides medical
- Provide monthly reports of volunteer response to hospital calls and other volunteer
- Participate in clinical and administrative supervision meetings with the sexual assault
- Ensure that volunteers are providing appropriate service and completing/returning
documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain communication with volunteers via mail, e-mail, telephone, virtually,
monthly meetings, and debriefing meetings, ensuring a connection between the
agency and volunteers.
- Participate in agency meetings and external meetings as required.
- Provides crisis intervention to survivors of sexual assault.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service field or equivalent
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Competency and knowledge in working with the target population
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Sexual Assault 42-hour trained preferred
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
Provide oversight of the technical assistance for all culturally specific sexual assault grantees, including counseling, community health models, and response and prevention to sexual violence.