2019© All rights reserved - Mujeres Latinas en Acción
Sexual Assault Community Educator
Provides sexual assault education, advocacy workshops and professional trainings to community groups, schools and social service providers.
Sexual Assault Program Director
- Develop outreach strategies to secure presentations.
- Provide workshops to community groups on the subjects of sexual violence, sexual
harassment and special issues affecting Latina survivors.
- Increase awareness of services and resources to survivors of sexual assault through outreach.
- Maintains accurate records of all outreach efforts and outcomes.
- Develops written objectives for each presentation conducted and administers evaluation
forms to monitor impact of workshops.
- Assist with compliance of reports required by funding entities.
- Provides crisis intervention, information & referrals and linkages to survivors of sexual
assault in need after presentations.
- Advocate at institutional level on behalf of Latinas through participation in advisory groups
and other coalitions that focus on the issue of sexual violence.
- Participate in administrative supervision meetings with sexual assault program director.
- Develop and oversees professional trainings to social workers, prosecutors, communities and others.
- Increase awareness of the program in all service areas that Mujeres serves, including the
surrounding Cook County area, especially South Chicago and North Riverside.
- Assist the volunteer supervisor in the delivery of the SA 42 hour training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service field or equivalent
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Must have daily use of a car, current auto insurance,
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
START DATE: April, 2019 BASIC FUNCTION:Assesses schedules and supervises court ordered visits with children, custodial and non-custodial parents. The family visitation supervisor ensures that all regulations