Domestic Violence Court Advocate, Part-Time, North Riverside Office
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides court advocacy and crisis intervention services to survivors of domestic violence at Civil and Criminal Domestic Violence Court.
REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence Program Court Advocate Supervisor
1. Provides legal advocacy services for DV survivors including crisis intervention, education on survivor rights, protective orders, and Crime Victim Compensation, and community resource referrals
2. Accompanies DV survivor to court when obtaining Emergency Orders of Protection and for Plenary Order of Protection hearings
3. Collaborates with state attorney’s office and court personnel to assist and advocate for DV survivors in securing timely assistance, understanding legal proceedings, obtaining legal reports/documents and
providing the necessary information relating to client needs (ex: information on divorce, child support, child custody, etc.)
4. Provide legal advocacy education to DV survivors engaged in group counseling services.
5. Conduct recruitment and outreach in courthouses to engage DV survivors in legal advocacy services
6. Coordinate transportation for DV survivors to/from court as needed.
7. Stays abreast of changes to laws and policies impacting DV survivors.
8. Completes and maintains accurate documentation of client services.
9. Submit reports as needed.
10. Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, in-services, and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and enhance job skills
11. Other tasks as assigned by DV Court Advocacy Supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree required in social services, legal, or related field
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), bicultural required
• Effective interpersonal skills and written communication
• Illinois Certified Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training preferred
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Joel Rivas, Domestic Violence Court
Advocacy Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Provides court advocacy and crisis intervention services to survivors of domestic violence at Civil and Criminal Domestic Violence Court. REPORTS TO: Domestic Violence