BASIC FUNCTION: Providing bookkeeping and other back-office accounting functions
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
1. Manage the A/P function in processing vendor invoices, expense reimbursements, identify prepaid expenses, verifying GL coding, and payment approval. Process payments to vendor via check, Credit card EFT, or online.
2. Process and report billing vouchers and expense reports for MLEA government grants in a monthly and quarterly basis. Provide grantors required support documentation and resolve any grantor discrepancies.
3. Assist with Month End close in accurately and completely recording all overhead and program expenses to the GL.
4. Manages timesheet for completeness, accuracy, and cross reference with allocations
5. Update cost allocations monthly in FundEZ and cross reference with Grant budgets
6. Record payroll Journal Entry- Bimonthly
7. Perform banking tasks such as Deposits, Positive Pay uploads and reconciliations
8. Apply bank payments to AR open invoices
9. Assist with planning the annual fiscal audit and providing document support
10. Other necessary administrative duties aligned with responsibilities.
• This position requires a minimum of 5 years accounting experience with a bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration or 4 years of comparable experience.
• Basic accounting working knowledge of the General Ledger & subledgers
• Grant Experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Virtual meeting software, and FundEZ accounting systems.
• Excellent & Professional oral and written communication skills
• Bilingual (Spanish)
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to multi-task in an environment where priorities can change rapidly
• Prioritize projects, manage time to meet deadlines
• Professional oral and written communication skills
• Requires accurate, high volume data entry skills including 10-key numeric entry.
• Must be organized and discrete with highly sensitive information
• Ability to reason and analyze data to solve problems and correct discrepancies.
• Ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
• Maintain employee and financial data confidential
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Linda Tortolero, President and CEO, at email@example.com.
Mujeres Latinas en Acción hires the most qualified candidates without regard to any person’s race, color sex, gender identity, gender expression, age religion, disability, national, origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status or source of income.
Other Career Opportunities
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates, monitors daily activities of leadership and Parent Support participants and facilitates leadership and parenting groups. Ensures compliance with contract and funding